Hi everyone,
I know we went over the basics in class and such, but I guess this is just a little more about me. My name is Korinne Sam and I'm a 19 year-old sophomore. I'm studying Spanish and International Studies. I was born in Texas, lived in South Carolina for about 6 years, then moved back to Texas and now I'm here in Denver. My mother and father are from two very different backgrounds and as a result I feel I've been exposed to differences in class, race, and identity. My father is 1/2 American Indian (from the Choctaw tribe) and my mother grew up as a very fortunate white woman in Midland, TX. Their differences allowed my siblings and I to be accepting and aware of differences among people for which I am very grateful. As far as GWST goes... My fsem was a Queer Theory class that I really enjoyed; I found the ideas and discussions very interesting and stimulating- and I loved my teacher, Luc. Along with this class and various communication classes that I have taken topics like gender, culture, sex, sexuality, race...have all been explored and have equally interested me. I'm hoping to be able to learn more from both the teacher as well as the other students in class. I enjoy having a small class experience, especially in a setting where students are genuinely interested in the topic. I know that we will all be respectful and open, so I'm just excited to get to know everyone and learn more from you guys as well!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment