Thursday, January 7, 2010

Introducing Christopher Turner

Hey everyone! My name is Christopher Turner, and I prefer to be called Christopher, not Chris or Topher so don’t forget it! Geoffrey has asked us to tell each other about ourselves but I always have so much trouble with these things, how am I supposed to describe the essence of who I am without a auto-biography, but alas I shall try. I identify as a queer, bi-racial, male identified, able bodied, and I’m from a lower-middle class family. I went to high school in Colorado Springs which really impacted my coming out experience due to its high Christian influences. I’m enjoy being a part of the queer and gay community’s here in Denver where I volunteer with the Colorado Anti-Violence Program on their 24 hour crisis hotline. Here at DU I am working on a degree in Philosophy and a minor in Gender and Women’s Studies. When it comes to issues of queer theory, sexuality, feminism, critical race theory, and other issues relation to social justice I like to study them and feel like that have a rather good understanding of these concepts. I hope to one day begin a graduate degree studying queer people of color and movement building after my years at DU. When it comes to the queer frontier relating to the western expansion I do not know a lot but I think it will be an interesting topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment