Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Introduction

Hello all, hope everything is going well. My name is Noah Schneider, and I am a senior, majoring in International Studies (focus on International Development, Gender & Health) and minoring in Political Science.


I will start with a little background information. I am a fourth generation Jewish Coloradan. I was born in raised in Denver, about 10 minutes south of DU. I have always been interested in Queer Theory because of my father coming out when I was young. I have also read a fair amount of Foucault. Since college, I have become fascinated with International Relations, and specifically with Feminist IR. Probably my favorite Feminist is bell hooks. I have read some Critical Race Theory, and have always found it very compelling, so I am looking forward to learning more.


I learn best in discussion based classes. I enjoy debating over ideas, and getting opinion from other students. I also enjoy student led lessons, because they often expose new ideas and views.

No comments:

Post a Comment