Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to GWST 2700-1: Your First Post

For your first post to our course blog, I would like you to introduce yourself to the rest of our class. First, you might consider telling us more about who you are, where you come from, what communities you consider yourself a part of, how you identify, what you study here at DU in addition to Gender and Women’s Studies, or how you spend your time outside of class.

I’d also like to hear more about your interest and background in relation to GWST. Why are you taking this course? What do you hope to gain from it? Have you taken a GWST course before? How would you describe your familiarity with topics like feminism, queer theory, sexuality, critical race theory, or other issues you associate with GWST? What questions do you have or what do you hope to learn about these issues?

Last, please share with us how you work best in a classroom community. What do you need from the rest of us to succeed as a student, as a writer, or as a person learning more about the “queer frontier”?

Please post your response as an individual post. Remember to give it a title and leave a space between paragraphs. Before we meet on Thursday, read through your peers’ introductions and comment on at least three of them.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this is late, but here it goes: This is me in a nut-shell (I actually can't describe myself very well, but I will try). My name is Caroline Halter, and I grew up in New Mexico. I love my state because of the relationships that I have there, the unique culture, and the beautiful blue skies and colorful landscapes. I am a second-year international studies major, and I am most interested in cultural norms and how they interact with development. I am excited to learn more about the construction and function of sexual labels and activities. I have also learned a lot from my travel experience. The thing that I try to always carry with me, is that people's experiences shape who they are, and since everyone has a unique personal history, we can all learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete